Join us online for our fun-filled ‘Afternoon Tea’ sessions on Fridays 2:45pm to 4pm. Have fun, lift your spirits and meet others while gaining the physical and mental benefits of taking part (all from the comfort of your own home!).
Series 1 2021
Dates and themes for this series are listed below. Click the links to access song lyrics for that week (made available the Monday before the session takes place). Feel free to have any visual props or accessories to match the song or theme if you like!
Stop Press: In addition to the songs listed in the pack for Week 1 (link above!), we shall do a ‘New Year Round’ as part of the warm-up! “Christmas is over and now it’s New Year, cold is the night and the stars shine out clear!” (Listen here)
Additional resource for week 2 – see demo for Three Little Birds demonstrating call-backs/harmonies.
- Week 3 – Friday 29th Jan – Burns Night!
- Week 4 – Friday 5th Feb – A mixture of well-known songs to sing-along to led by the Sheringham Ukulele Band (SUBs)
- Week 5 – Friday 12th Feb – Valentine’s Day
Series 2 2021
Click the links to access the song lyrics for that week (when made available). Each week is themed to help you organise any visual props or accessories you’d like!
- Week 1 – Friday 26th February – St David’s Day – Dragons and Daffodils
- Week 2 – Friday 5th March – Mad Hatter’s Tea Party (It’s World Book Day!)
- Week 3 – Friday 12th March – Tea with Mother (for Mother’s Day)
- Week 4 – Friday 19th March – Get Jiggy with Us for St Patrick’s Day!
- Week 5 – Friday 26th March – PFC’s Easter Hop!
How to join:
If you’ve not used Zoom before, you need to download and install the ‘Zoom Client for Meetings’ software. It’s free and you can get it here.
Once installed Zoom you can register and you’re ready to go!
You’ll need to contact us for the Meeting ID and password.
See below for song lyrics, tips on getting the best out of the session and instructions on how to pay (if you can).
Our online workshops include simple relaxation and breathing exercises, physical and vocal warm-ups and lots of fun songs to join in with! You can see extracts from one of our sessions here!
How to Pay:
We rely on donations as we have no core or long-term funding. As a guide, we request £4 per person per session to help keep our services going. However, anything you can afford will help tremendously and if you can’t afford to pay then that’s fine. Come anyway!
Tips for getting the best experience:
- Sound: The in-built speakers on your iPad, phone or computer are OK but your experience will be enhanced if you use external speakers (i.e. USB plug-in or Bluetooth speakers). You can also use headphones (however, unless they’re wireless you may be limited for movement because of the cable!). Either of these options will provide better sound-quality your end.
- Being heard: The in-built microphone on your iPad, phone or computer is fine for what we’re doing; you don’t an external microphone unless you’re leading a song.
- Practice with a friend to get familiar with the views and options. Use a large screen and ‘Gallery View’ if possible as this allows you to see everyone else. Your enjoyment and connection with others will be significantly enhanced!
- Song lyrics/chords: Download/print lyrics beforehand. We will continue adding resources over the weeks so keep an eye out for changes. If you don’t have a printer, ask a friend or get in touch with us and we will post them to you. Alternatively, if you have another device (i.e. iPad/phone or another computer/laptop) you could have the lyrics open on another screen!
- Keep hydrated: Have some water and/or something nice to drink handy! This is important for a healthy voice. You might also like some treats and nibbles!
- Props/accessories: Have something colourful to wave! Scarves are ideal. You might also enjoy playing along with some percussion or an instrument (chords are provided above for some of the songs)!