This workshop takes place online from 2:30pm to 4pm each Friday via Zoom. All welcome!
How to join:
If you’ve not used Zoom before, you need to download and install the ‘Zoom Client for Meetings’ software. It’s free and you can get it here.
Once you’ve installed Zoom and registered, you’re ready to go! You just need to contact us for the Meeting ID and password. See below for song lyrics and instructions on how to pay if you can. Tips are also provided below to help enhance your experience.
Our online workshops are similar to our face-to-face Singing for Health workshops. They include simple relaxation and breathing exercises, physical and vocal warm-ups and lots of fun songs to join in with!
Bele Mama video on Youtube – Tina demonstrates it sung as a round
Blue Moon video on YouTube – Tina demonstrates backing part
Blue Smoke video on YouTube by Tina
Rabbit video on YouTube by Tina
You Are My Sunshine video on YouTube – Tina demonstrates part 2/call-back on chorus
How to Pay:
We have no core or long-term funding therefore we rely on donations. As a guide, we request £4 per person per session to help keep our services going – but anything you can afford will help tremendously! You can make your donation here via PayPal. Or contact us for bank details so you an make a payment via bank transfer (BACS). Thank you for your support!
Tips for getting the best experience:
- Sound: The in-built speakers on your iPad, phone or computer are OK but your experience will be enhanced if you use external speakers (i.e. USB plug-in speakers or Bluetooth speakers). You can also use headphones (however, unless they’re wireless you may be limited for movement because of the cable!). Either of these options will give you better sound-quality your end.
- Being heard: The in-built microphone on your iPad, phone or computer is fine for what we’re doing; it isn’t necessary to use an external microphone unless you’re leading a song.
- Practice with a friend to get used to the screen views and options. In particular, you might find the Gallery View preferable if you want to see everyone. Speaker view allows the person speaking/demonstrating to be the most prominent on the screen.
- Song lyrics/chords: You might like to download and print off some of the lyrics provided above beforehand. We will add to these resources over the weeks so keep an eye out for changes.
- Keeping hydrated: Have some water or a drink handy! This is important for a healthy voice.
- Props/accessories: Have something colourful to wave! Scarves are ideal. You might also enjoy playing along with some percussion or an instrument (chords are provided above for some of the songs)!