Sorry, these workshops are now finished for the summer – we will let you know when they’re back!
How to join:
If you’ve not used Zoom before, you need to download and install the ‘Zoom Client for Meetings’ software. It’s free and you can get it here.
Once you’ve installed Zoom and registered, you’re ready to go! You just need to contact us for the Meeting ID and password. See below for song lyrics and instructions on how to pay if you can. Tips are also provided below to help enhance your experience.
Our online workshops are similar to our face-to-face Singing for Health workshops. They include simple relaxation and breathing exercises, physical and vocal warm-ups and lots of fun songs to join in with! You can see extracts from one of our sessions here!
How to Pay:
We rely on donations as we have no core or long-term funding. As a guide, we request £4 per person per session to help keep our services going – but anything you can afford will help tremendously and if you can’t afford to pay then that’s fine. Still come! You can make your donation here via PayPal. Or contact us for bank details so you an make a payment via bank transfer (BACS). Thank you for your support!
Tips for getting the best experience:
- Sound: The in-built speakers on your iPad, phone or computer are OK but your experience will be enhanced if you use external speakers (i.e. USB plug-in speakers or Bluetooth speakers). You can also use headphones (however, unless they’re wireless you may be limited for movement because of the cable!). Either of these options will give you better sound-quality your end.
- Being heard: The in-built microphone on your iPad, phone or computer is fine for what we’re doing; it isn’t necessary to use an external microphone unless you’re leading a song.
- Practice with a friend to get used to the screen views and options. In particular, a large screen is preferable and it is best if you can be in Gallery View. This means you can see everyone else so your enjoyment and connection with others taking part will be significantly enhanced!
- Song lyrics/chords: Download/print lyrics beforehand (chords are also provided for some songs if you want to play along with your own instrument at home!). We will continue to add resources over the weeks so keep an eye out for changes. If you don’t have a printer, ask a friend or get in touch with us and we will post them to you. Alternatively, if you have another device (i.e. iPad/phone or another computer/laptop) you could have the lyrics open on another screen!
- Keeping hydrated: Have some water or a drink handy! This is important for a healthy voice.
- Props/accessories: Have something colourful to wave! Scarves are ideal. You might also enjoy playing along with some percussion or an instrument (chords are provided above for some of the songs)!